The CDC is responding to an outbreak of
respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus that was first detected in
China and which has now been detected in more than 100 locations
internationally, including in the United States. The virus has been named
SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes has been named coronavirus disease 2019,
abbreviated COVID-19. It is important that everyone take measures to stay
healthy and remain current on the status of the virus.
There are many outlets reporting on COVID-19, however, you can trust the CDC and it should be the main source to consult for the most accurate and reliable information. The CDC also provides a State & Territorial Health Department directory, where you can find your own state department of health website and check for news on how the virus is affecting areas near you.
Our focus is the well-being of our members, and our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been impacted by this virus.
As COVID-19 continues to impact our nation, we would like to share important direction that Liberty HealthShare has received from our Governor, Mike DeWine to implement throughout Ohio, where Liberty’s corporate offices are located.
Please rest assured, that Liberty HealthShare remains committed to serving our members the best we can while helping to protect our employees and their families.
For the health and well-being of Liberty HealthShare employees, some of our staff is temporarily working remotely. Please know that we have been planning for this order from Governor DeWine and we will continue to facilitate the sharing of our members’ eligible medical expenses. Our CEO, Board of Directors, leaders and staff remain dedicated to our mission and serving our members. This has not changed.
As some of our staff will be working remotely, we are asking those of you who do not have immediate needs or have general questions about expenses, to please use the channels below before calling or emailing us:
- Prenote – If your provider prescribes a non-urgent treatment, testing, procedure or surgery, please send us a Prenotification request form that can be found in your ShareBox. Urgent pre-notifications should be called into our pre-note department at 855-585-4237.
- ShareBox – The latest information regarding any sharing questions can be found via your personal ShareBox.
- Member Shares – All monthly shares should be sent via ShareBox. At this time, please do not come to our offices to submit your monthly share; instead, mail your monthly share to the following address:
Gospel Light DBA Liberty HealthShare
PO Box 771972
Detroit, Michigan 48277-1972
If you do call us and we are unable to take your call, please leave a voicemail for the appropriate department. We will return your call as soon as we are able to.
To help protect you, your family and our healthsharing community, below is helpful information to guide you during this time:
- If you are experiencing symptoms and your doctor recommends you be tested for COVID-19, the cost of the COVID-19 test will be shareable through your Liberty HealthShare membership.
- There is, at present, no vaccine for COVID-19. Should one become available it will be shareable via your Liberty HealthShare membership.
- Eligible medical expenses related to the testing and treatment of COVID-19 can be shared according to our guidelines and your program level, including testing, labs, emergency room, hospital, etc.
- Remember to practice regular hand washing and avoid close contact or sharing personal items.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Also, cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you begin feeling ill, be mindful that the symptoms for COVID-19 are fever, cough, and shortness of breath, which may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact your healthcare provider immediately and don’t prolong treatment.
If you have concerns or questions about COVID-19, reach out to your local healthcare provider. For updated information on COVID-19, you can check the Centers for Disease Control’s official site. For the latest updates from Liberty HealthShare, visit https://libertyhealthshare.org/covid-19.