Knowing how to correctly submit a bill in your ShareBox is integral in efficiently facilitating the sharing of your eligible expenses through your healthsharing community. Properly submitting your bills for sharing with the required items will help to ensure your bill is processed with ease.
Watch this How to Submit a Bill video and learn how to submit a bill in ShareBox.
Before sitting down to submit your eligible medical expense, let’s take a look at what you need:
- Patient name
- Type of service/procedure code
- Charge for the service
- Date of service
- Diagnosis code (ICD format)
- Healthcare professional’s name/credentials address, and NPI (National Provider Identifier)
- You only need to fill out this form if your healthcare professional is NOT submitting the bill for you.
- You will need to complete a separate submission for each bill.
- You will need to have an itemized bill, your visit diagnosis codes (in ICD format) and your healthcare’s credentials and NPI (National Provider Identifier) number to complete your submission.
Now that you have all the items and information you need to submit your bill, let’s get started!
First, find your ShareBox on our website at www.libertyhealthshare.org on the top right-hand side menu, under Member Login or at https://sharebox.libertyhealthshare.org/login and use your email and password to log into your ShareBox.
- Click “Medical” tab on the menu located on the left-hand side of your ShareBox.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Expenses.”
- In the Medical Expenses page, click “Submit Expense” on the top right-hand side of the screen.
You will complete the following sections:
- Member Information: Select the member of your Liberty account for who the medical expense is being submitted for.
- Reason for Visit: Clearly explain the reason for the patient’s visit and enter the dates the visit started and ended (these will be the same date unless the patient had a hospital stay.)
- Enter your provider information: This includes provider’s name, patient account, phone number, and address.
Review the Accident/Occupational section and check any
area that applies to your expense:
- Member has health insurance (this is in addition to and separate from Liberty’s healthsharing program)
- This expense is related to maternity
- You are filing a claim or lawsuit against a third party (including an insurance company) to recover the cost of expenses as a result of this accident or illness.
- If you had an accident or illness due to employment or automobile accident, include a clear, concise description of what happened.
Under payment information: If you’ve made a payment to your provider for the bill you are submitting, check the “payment made” box and enter the amount paid. You will need to upload proof or receipt of this payment.
It’s time to upload your required files with your expense: Please note, only certain file types can be accepted through ShareBox which are: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf and tiff.
Include the required documents to help your bill be shared in a timely manner. If they apply, these are required with your expense submission:
- Insurance EOB (if you have insurance)
- Proof of payment (if you’ve already paid this bill)
- Negotiated discount (the discount you received when asking your provider for a self-pay discount)
- Your itemized bill (review Itemized Bill checklist)
That’s it! Now it’s time to click “Submit” in the right hand bottom corner of your ShareBox.
You’re done! As expenses are reviewed by our team, submitted expenses are assigned a reference number and later given a medical bill number that begin with D. You will reference this number in your ShareBox.
Keep an eye on your email and periodically check your ShareBox for notifications related to your submission.