A string of hurricanes and wildfires devastated large areas across the nation this summer. Wildfires in California continue to leave destruction in their wake. Thousands of Liberty HealthShare member families live within the declared disaster areas, with many facing a daunting recovery process as they consider how best to move forward. As members of a Christian community, we are compelled to step up.
Over the last several months, Liberty personnel have had the opportunity to speak with some affected members. They have heard stories of close calls, loss, and shock, but woven through these harrowing tales are the threads of love, community, and hope. The best of humanity and our nation are on full display through times like these.
For those who have suffered material losses, finances will be a real struggle in the coming months. This is an opportunity for every member of our community to do something extraordinary; to get engaged and do something beyond the norm for people just like you who have lost much, if not everything.
We have an opportunity to come to the aid of our fellow members by giving over and above our monthly share amounts. This is an easy and practical way for us to show our care for others in a difficult time.
For some of you, $5 or $10 is what you're able to give. For others, a larger gift might be appropriate. Regardless of the amount of your contribution, because of the sheer size of this community, our combined resources can and will be a source of tangible comfort for those who have quite possibly lost everything. Please note these gifts are tax-deductible.
Are you ready to give? Here's how:
- Log into your ShareBox and hover over the cog on the far right. Click "Sharing Settings" in the drop down list.
- In the section labeled "Additional Sharing," enter the amount you wish to give under "Additional Share Amount."
- Under "End Date for Additional Share," enter the date on which you want your additional contribution to end. If you do not select a date, your contribution will continue indefinitely. Please note, you may only select the first of each month as an end date. After selection, the screen will look like this:
- Once you have entered your contribution information, click the red "Save" button.
- An "Additional Share Confirmation" window will pop up where you can confirm your contribution information. Click "Ok" to continue or "Cancel" to go back and make changes.
- If you wish to make changes to your additional share information after clicking "Ok", click "Cancel Additional Share." Whether you wish to simply cancel or to change the amount or date of your contribution, make sure to click "Save" again so your changes take effect.
Thank you for your time and attention to this need. This is why we exist - to share the burdens of others during the worst storms of life. Let's be the faithful community God has called us to be.
Please visit your ShareBox right now to give if you are able and lift up your fellow members in prayer as they face the days, weeks, and months ahead. If you have any questions about this effort, feel free to give us a call at 855-585-4237.