When you think of the Fall season, what comes to mind?
Is it crisp air, changing leaves, football games or lattes? Of course, all of those things are wonderfully fall but how can we forget pumpkins! Pumpkins and pumpkin flavored foods and drinks are the key signs that fall has arrived. From pumpkin rolls to pumpkin cookies and pumpkin spiced coffees, we all have someone in our life or maybe it's you, who is pumpkin OBSESSED!
Here at Liberty HealthShare, we are very excited about all things fall as well and with that being said, we have a tasty (and healthy) pumpkin treat for you try this season.
Pumpkin Energy Bites
This snack is light, easy to make and packed with pumpkin goodness.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pulse all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until well-mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are in small pieces.
- Scoop mixture and roll into balls.
- Freeze until solid and store in the freezer or refrigerator.
Original recipe from Pinch of Yum